Saturday, July 23, 2005

Daylight Savings


Having been free of the strictures of employment for some time, I can't generate a lot of passion, yea or nay, about Congress planning to extend daylight savings by a month. I get up in the morning soon after I wake up. I go to bed when I get sleepy. Meals and medical appointments are about the only things that give me cause to look at my watch. (I shouldn't at doctor appointments because the doctors obviously don't.) I took this picture of Lake Osbourne just after dawn, but I have no idea what time it was. The clock didn't make the sky pretty.
But some good people in Indiana seen on TV this evening are all het up because "we don't want our children waiting for the school bus in the dark in the morning." Well now, why can't they just change the time school starts during the period of DLSavings? Duh! Is there a rule against that? Does the phrase "linear thinking" come into play somewhere here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo...is that near where you live?